Aquinas Academy’s athletic program provides opportunities for students to participate at a competitive level under the diocesan Catholic Youth Organization (CYO) guidelines. All students participating in diocesan CYO sport are required to have a physical completed prior to the start of the season. All physicals must be dated after July 1 of that particular school year. Physicals must be completed by a licensed physician only.
Students will be expected to maintain acceptable academic achievement in relationship to his/her ability. Students will also be expected to maintain standard behavior throughout the school day. Serious offenses will be handled on an individual basis at the discretion of the principal.
FORMS FOR COACHES:
For additional information, please contact Mrs. Kate Mahoney, Athletic Coordinator
- Diocesan Boys and Girls Cross Country (Grades K-6)
- Diocesan Girls Basketball (Grades 3-6): Aquinas Academy girls will have the opportunity to participate in the diocesan CYO basketball program. The fall season is scheduled from August to December. All participants must complete the required forms found on Athletics page
- Diocesan Boys’ Basketball (Grades 3-6): Aquinas Academy boys will have the opportunity to participate in the diocesan CYO basketball program. The winter season is scheduled from November to March. The team will have the opportunity to compete and play in the end-of-season diocesan tournament. All participants must complete the required forms found on the Athletics page.
- Cheerleading (Girls Grades 1-6)
- Little Crusaders (Boys and Girls, Grades Kindergarten to 3): This is an instructional basketball program that will meet on Saturday mornings during the month of March from 8-9, grades K and 1; 9:15- 10:45, grades 2 and 3. This program includes: stretching, conditioning, skill drills (dribbling, passing, footwork, ball handling) and shooting. Little Crusaders Registration form
- Diocesan Girls Volleyball (Grades 3-6): Aquinas Academy girls will have the opportunity to participate in the diocesan CYO volleyball program. The spring season is scheduled from March to May. The season concludes with the diocesan tournament in mid-May.